MVP Professional Baseball Coaching Staff
Our passion is undeniable and our purpose is simple: To ensure each baseball player is destined to succeed by enabling and inspiring them to rise up to their full potential.
1980-1989 – Toronto Blue Jays – 1983 – Silver Slugger Award Winner
1990-1991 – Detroit Tigers – 1986 – All-Star Center Fielder
Lloyd was the second overall pick in the 1978 Major League Baseball draft by the Toronto Blue Jays. He made his Major League debut on May 24th 1980. Lloyd was a well-polished batter, fielder and base-runner, knocking in nearly 100 runs on several occasions and regularly stealing 30-plus bases.
In the mid-80s he was part of a powerful outfield trio for the Jays, playing center field between George Bell and Jesse Barfield. After the 1989 season, Lloyd signed with the Detroit Tigers where he finished his MLB career in 1991.
Over the course of his MLB career Lloyd had 869 runs, 169 HRs, 737 RBIs, 280 SBs and .257 BA
Lloyd served as the Blue Jays’ first base coach in 1998 and 1999 and currently serves the Blue Jays in many capacities such as, outfield coach, training advisor, developmental player mentor and scouting
Hitting, Catching & Pitching Instructor
- Played 8 seasons professional baseball (Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees)
- Won three rings while in the professional ranks with New York Yankees
- Three All Star Game selections
- 1995 UNLV Freshman All-American 1996-1997 All American.
- 1997 Drafted by Chicago White Sox
Hitting & Fielding Instructor
- J.R. is a “local” product
- Graduated from Jesuit High School
- Played college ball at Sac City & Loyola Marymount
- Drafted in the 9th round by Washington Nationals
- Played 6 years in Nationals organization
- Won minor league batting title
- Played in AAA as the 8th ranked player in Washington Nationals organization
Pitching & Hitting Instructor
- 6 years professional baseball experience (Seattle Mariners Organization)
- Current Pitching Coach at American River College & Southern Illinois Miners (Independent Ball)
- Abilene Christian University – Top 5 in Nation in K’s Sr. Season, All Conference 1st Team & All Region 1st Team
- American River College – All Conference
- Pitched professional NO HITTER, Florence Freedom vs Traverse City (Independent Ball)
- Preston has been a baseball private instructor for over 6 years
DIRECTOR, Scout Ball Program
- 10 Plus years, Professional Baseball experience
- 2 MLB Seasons (Minnesota Twins)
- 2013 Opening Day Roster, Minnesota Twins
- 2006 California State Baseball Player of the Year
- Drafted 3rd Round 2006 MLB Draft
DIRECTOR, Camps & Clinics
Fielding, Hitting & Pitching Instructor
RJ Gundolff has recently joined MVP Sports after a successful baseball playing and coaching career. RJ most recently coached at Sinclair College, (Dayton, Ohio) where over the last 3 seasons the Tartan Pride had a record of 149-34. In fact, last season the Tartan Pride made the Junior College World Series and finished 3rd in the Nation. He primarily worked as the infielder’s coach and hitting/base running coach.
As a player, RJ began his college career with American River College in Sacramento. He played there one season, and during that season, he was a First Team California Junior College All-American. He led the Beavers in almost every offensive category. Which, includes his single season team record for steals (26). RJ then earned a scholarship to Wright State University. (Dayton, Ohio) He Started all three seasons earning All Horizon honors in 2008 and 2009. In 2009 was All-Horizon Tournament team and helped lead the Raiders to the Fort Worth Regional. His career batting avg for the Raiders was .318. After successful college career, he bounced around the Independent baseball leagues for three season playing all over the country.
RJ earned his Bachelor’s Degree of Sciences, majoring in Organizational Leadership, from Wright State in 2011.
- Prep: First Team All Northern California and North Section Champions (Del Campo ’85)
- College: 2 time All League Pitcher for American River College (Drafted By Pirates, did not sign)
- Accepted Full Ride to University of Miami, nominated for Golden Spikes Award
- Pro: Drafted in the 9th round by Detroit Tigers, made Major League debut in May, 1992
- Spent parts of three seasons in Majors with Detroit and was 6-5 with 7 saves
- Played 12 years of professional baseball
Catching, Fielding, Hitting & Pitching Instructor
Coach Vigallon brings over 23 years of professional coaching experience to MVP’s newest location in Folsom. As a prep star in his native Huntington Beach California, Darrin was an All-League Third Baseman, as well as CIF All-Section (2nd Team) selection. From there he went on to a successful collegiate playing career at the perennial collegiate power, Cal State Fullerton, where he played in the NCAA College World Series. After his collegiate career, he was drafted in the 27th round by the Atlanta Braves. Coach Vigallon has been coached by legends of the game such as Auggie Garrido and Bob Boone, and has, in turn coached over 50 players who have gone on to professional playing contracts, including several all the way to the Major Leagues. He sums up his love of coaching this way: “Throughout my playing career, i was taught by some of the best coaches in the game. What they taught me then–I get to give back to the players I train now. For the past 23 years, I have been coaching baseball at all levels: Travel Ball, High School, and College, and my mission is to help young players achieve their goals on and off the field, and to teach them to love the ‘game within the game'”
Mike Lamson & Lauren Conway
Hitting, Pitching, Catching & Fielding Instructors
Mike Lamson started the California Baseball and Softball School in 1981. He and his partner Lauren Conway offer experienced and professional instruction in pitching, hitting, catching, and fielding for baseball and softball players of all ages. They bring over 35 years of experience to this effort and have trained hundreds if not thousands of students. The success of those students speaks for itself.
Mike Lamson holds a Master Degree in Kinesiology and Lauren Conway has played at a high level for nearly 10 years including pitching and middle infield for 2 years at the college level.