MVP Professional Baseball Coaching Staff
Our passion is undeniable and our purpose is simple: To ensure each baseball player is destined to succeed by enabling and inspiring them to rise up to their full potential.
1980-1989 – Toronto Blue Jays – 1983 – Silver Slugger Award Winner
1990-1991 – Detroit Tigers – 1986 – All-Star Center Fielder
Lloyd was the second overall pick in the 1978 Major League Baseball draft by the Toronto Blue Jays. He made his Major League debut on May 24th 1980. Lloyd was a well-polished batter, fielder and base-runner, knocking in nearly 100 runs on several occasions and regularly stealing 30-plus bases.
In the mid-80s he was part of a powerful outfield trio for the Jays, playing center field between George Bell and Jesse Barfield. After the 1989 season, Lloyd signed with the Detroit Tigers where he finished his MLB career in 1991.
Over the course of his MLB career Lloyd had 869 runs, 169 HRs, 737 RBIs, 280 SBs and .257 BA
Lloyd served as the Blue Jays’ first base coach in 1998 and 1999 and currently serves the Blue Jays in many capacities such as, outfield coach, training advisor, developmental player mentor and scouting
Hitting, Catching & Pitching Instructor
- Played 8 seasons professional baseball (Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees)
- Won three rings while in the professional ranks with New York Yankees
- Three All Star Game selections
- 1995 UNLV Freshman All-American 1996-1997 All American.
- 1997 Drafted by Chicago White Sox
Hitting & Fielding Instructor
- J.R. is a “local” product
- Graduated from Jesuit High School
- Played college ball at Sac City & Loyola Marymount
- Drafted in the 9th round by Washington Nationals
- Played 6 years in Nationals organization
- Won minor league batting title
- Played in AAA as the 8th ranked player in Washington Nationals organization
Pitching & Hitting Instructor
- 6 years professional baseball experience (Seattle Mariners Organization)
- Current Pitching Coach at American River College & Southern Illinois Miners (Independent Ball)
- Abilene Christian University – Top 5 in Nation in K’s Sr. Season, All Conference 1st Team & All Region 1st Team
- American River College – All Conference
- Pitched professional NO HITTER, Florence Freedom vs Traverse City (Independent Ball)
- Preston has been a baseball private instructor for over 6 years
DIRECTOR, Scout Ball Program
- 10 Plus years, Professional Baseball experience
- 2 MLB Seasons (Minnesota Twins)
- 2013 Opening Day Roster, Minnesota Twins
- 2006 California State Baseball Player of the Year
- Drafted 3rd Round 2006 MLB Draft
DIRECTOR, Camps & Clinics
Fielding, Hitting & Pitching Instructor
RJ Gundolff has recently joined MVP Sports after a successful baseball playing and coaching career. RJ most recently coached at Sinclair College, (Dayton, Ohio) where over the last 3 seasons the Tartan Pride had a record of 149-34. In fact, last season the Tartan Pride made the Junior College World Series and finished 3rd in the Nation. He primarily worked as the infielder’s coach and hitting/base running coach.
As a player, RJ began his college career with American River College in Sacramento. He played there one season, and during that season, he was a First Team California Junior College All-American. He led the Beavers in almost every offensive category. Which, includes his single season team record for steals (26). RJ then earned a scholarship to Wright State University. (Dayton, Ohio) He Started all three seasons earning All Horizon honors in 2008 and 2009. In 2009 was All-Horizon Tournament team and helped lead the Raiders to the Fort Worth Regional. His career batting avg for the Raiders was .318. After successful college career, he bounced around the Independent baseball leagues for three season playing all over the country.
RJ earned his Bachelor’s Degree of Sciences, majoring in Organizational Leadership, from Wright State in 2011.